Thursday, January 27, 2011

One of A Kind!

I love art! Not prints and the stuff you see everywhere, but true, one-of-a-kind, says-something-about-the-artist kind of art.  I am constantly looking for unique pieces, stuff you won't find at your neighbor's house, and if I can work with an artist to personalize it...even better!

So while I was endlessly and unsuccessfully searching the internet yesterday for a unique media console for our family room I came across an amazing artist! I was so drawn to his artwork that I spent at least an hour (while I should have been cooking dinner for my kids) looking at his endless pieces of art, all unique, all one-of-a-kind. I was so inspired by his talent I emailed him and asked him to call me so we could discuss a possible project. Within 15 minutes we were on the phone discussing his work and my desire for one of his personalized, amazing creation!

The artist is Rick Cheadle. He is based out of Detroit, Michigan, near my old stomping ground, and he is truly talented. He typically paints on furniture, table tops, birdhouses, sculptures, clocks, mobile, logos, t-shirts and more! He paints with vivid color and eye-tricking techniques.  One of the things I love about his work is that he paints thousands of tiny circles together to make one larger, unified object.

It has now been less that 18 hours and we have a plan in the works. I have commissioned Rick to paint a piece that I will showcase above our fireplace.  He is creating a "Family Tree" for us with strong roots and branches, and vivid, happy colors. Additionally, I have asked Rick to incorporate the first letter of each of our names into the design (J,A,C, B, and B) to signify the importance of each member of our family and how they play a part in our family.  I also asked him to add a peacock for a bit of whimsy and a nod to my grandmother.

I am so excited about this project that when I talk about it, I get a little giggle in my voice!  I can't wait to see it! And the added bonus to the whole thing is he is FAST! He is starting it today and I should have it by the end of next week.  I will post a picture as soon as I get it! So keep your eyes peeled!

1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME! I love bright colors like this. I'll check him out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your time and feedback! I love hearing what everyone has to say! Have a great day! Thanks, April