Sunday, January 16, 2011

Design Trends 2011 - Trend #6 Sparkle and Shine

First let me say, "Happy Birthday Lauri and I love you!" Today is my sister's birthday!

Now back to design...



Lately, I've really been embracing the trend of adding just a little touch of something metallic. A pillow here, a candle there...it gives me a happy feeling inside, like I am fantasy! I have an obsession with mercury glass and now that I have started searching for it, I am seeing it in everywhere, light fixtures, frames, candlesticks and dishes (which of course if faux mercury)!
Remember that old "foil" wallpaper from your grandmother's house? The stuff you may have helped rip off the walls when she redecorated? I do! Well it is BACK! Maybe not all over and definitely not the same colors, but yes metallic and in smaller spaces, in niches or on one statement making wall. The designs are better, the colors are current and you will be seeing it everywhere!


This decor used to be reserved for holiday decorating, but now we're spotting shiny metallics and even sequins year-round, in nearly everything from throw pillows and serving ware to tile and wallpaper. It's a nod to Hollywood Regency and sophistication. You only need a hint of metallic to make a bold, glitz-and-glam statement, so be careful not to overdo it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your time and feedback! I love hearing what everyone has to say! Have a great day! Thanks, April